How we collect your information
– Directly from you when placing an order or enquiry and supplying your contact information
– Directly from you when setting up an account
– Directly from you when you place an enquiry via our website
The information we collect
– Contact and communications including your contact details, ie. Email address, telephone numbers and home and or business address
– Financial information (Suppliers only) for purposes of payments
The basis for holding this information is ‘Contractual’ because we need this information to be able to trade with you.
We take your privacy seriously and will only use this data to administer your account and to provide details or information that you have expressly requested.
The data is stored securely within our SAGE database for account customers and is backed up regularly and is protected using up-to-date security software and IT protection which contain firewalls.
All other non account based details are held in secure cabinets in an alarmed building.
How we use this data
Data provided is only used for the purposes of invoicing or mailing orders. Contact for information such as and not limited too, calls and emails to say orders are ready, or with any queries we may have. We do not send marketing emails. The only other contact would be for notifications of Christmas order cut off dates and any notice of closures due to holidays etc.
We will always respect your wishes in how you receive communications from us and you can update your choices at any time by contacting us at;
Telephone – 01305 777235
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Post – Stylish Stitches LLP, Waverley Road, Weymouth DT3 5HL
Sharing your Information
We do not sell or share your data with any other parties. We will never disclose your data to any third party or sell or transfer our e-mail database.
Data collected by us will only be shared with the following;
– Our Employees for the purposes of administering your account/orders
– Our courier service for the purposes of deliveries
How long your information is kept
We keep your data for as long as you are a customer and we still need to use it.
Each financial year paperwork is archived and is destroyed after 7 years.
Information held on the accounts system remains there for referral unless you ask us to remove it.
Under certain circumstances by law you have the right to;
– Request access to your data. This enables you to receive a copy of the data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
– Request correction of the data we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold amended
– Request the deletion of the data we hold about you. For example if you no longer wish for us to supply you or purchase from you
– Object to the processing of your data
– Request the restriction of your data
– Request the transfer of your data to another party
Please note that the above rights are not absolute and we may be able to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and Complaints
If you have any queries about this policy or how we process your data or if you wish to exercise any of your legal rights then please contact as below
Stylish Stitches LLP, Waverley Road, Weymouth, DT3 5HL
To comply under the new GDPR regulations, if you are happy for us to continue to contact you by phone and e-mail as we currently do, for quotes, invoices, statements and occassionally special offer sheets, then you do not need to do anything
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your data you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioners Office website www.ico.org.uk